The Next Generation Instructional Design (NGID) project has several goals for the future that include:
- Examine how educators within and across schools and districts can use inquiry learning (including project-based and problem based learning) to enhance students’ learning experiences; calibrate expectations for and judgments about student performance; facilitate peer dialogue, feedback and coaching; and develop strategies for strengthening classroom practices and instructional supports.
- Explore the extent to which student work samples and other artifacts may provide information related to educator effectiveness to complement, supplement or provide alternatives to existing test-based measures of student performance.
- Utilize performance-based assessments to determine student mastery and learning of content and skills.
- Investigate new approaches to professional development for teachers in Kentucky based on current needs and trends.
- Connect teachers and students to the larger community in which they live.
Click here to read more about The Next Generation Instructional Design (NGID) project.